MBT Menu Tabs JavaScript

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

30 Days of Happiness - Days 16 & 17

Happiness is...

A clean house, if only for an hour or two!



And a mooch about in Marysville even though it rained the whole time we were there and everywhere was closing.



We did meet the most gorgeous Venezuelan family who have only been in the country 6-months. Mum- Carolina, Dad - Carlos, Brother to Carolina (I'm guessing) Miguel and two kids, Sandiago who was about 10 and Sophia who was 20 months. And can I just say....Miguel... be still my beating heart! He made Antonio Banderas look like an uggo. He was just BEAU-TI-FUL. I so have a thing about Latin American men. Oh, that accent and those big dreamy chocolate eyes. (Sorry Hubble!).

Their little boy, Sandiago was utterly gorgeous - all big brown eyes and such wonderful expressiveness in his speech, so captivating and so going to be a heartbreaker when he's older. He didn't speak any English when he arrived in the country and now, 6-months on, he speaks it with absolute fluency. Kids are such amazing creatures - there adaptability astounds me. Sophia was just all smiles and friendliness. We had a chat about being expats and about this and that and I thought to myself how lovely it would be to have such colourful, friendly people as neighbours. A lovely experience all round.

No comments: