MBT Menu Tabs JavaScript

Monday, February 8, 2010

You got me hotter'n Georgia Asphalt!

To quote my favourite Laura Derne line from the movie 'Wild at Heart'.



But her reason for being smoking hot is, alas, not the same as mine. I am hot because of the bloody stinking heat and I will categorically state for the record that I hate it. I do. I know, as a pommie whingebag, I should be lapping up the high temperatures, the blue cloudless skies and the complete lack of an ozone layer - but I would honestly rather be at home, in England, enjoying the complete lack of sun and the frequent snow showers. Oh the thought of rugging up and sitting in front of a roaring fire with a hot chocolate while the snow piles up outside is almost more than I can bear. I am not a Summer chick. I am an Autumn and Winter chick and I cannot wait for them to arrive and relieve me of this tedious, odious heat.

It doesn't help of course that I am 25 weeks pregnant and already have my own little internal furnace going 24/7. Adding insult to injury is the fact that the temperature has a twisted tendency to stay above 26 degrees even at night, causing much sleepless tossing and turning and seeking of cool places to put one's inflated body. Ack! I will, eventually, show a picture of the beach ball that my body now emulates but right now, it's just too hot to even contemplate such perverse action.

Because I really don't have a lot to say and lots has happened, I thought I would do a pictoral representation of recent days. That's if I can get my camera to relinquish its visual goodies. It's been a bit temperamental of late, so we shall see...

Lily's first ever day at Kinder. I know - Ahhhh...:


Lily's fine artistic representation of her pregnant mummy. Note the comb over hairdo:


Lily's 'button sewing' felt scarf - hand crafted all by her own self:


Some photo's taken by the Beanster. Good eye, no?


I love this photo she took. It's red and there's movement in it. I have no idea what it is but I likes it.


The Bunny what mummy made...


Actually, I'm rather proud of this. It's from a 'cashmere bunny' tutorial here and I made it in just over an hour, out of a thrifted super soft fluffy yellow cardigan that, I suspect, had been shown no love since the late 80's. I have enough for a small army of them and I've been using the scraps and cut-offs from my (WIP) patchwork quilt for the Beanie. One day I'll finish that too.

Oh, I don't really do New Year's Resolutions and all that bollocky stuff (mainly because I hate the New Year pandemonium and I never keep resolutions) but I did make myself one promise this year and that was to find and make one completely new recipe every week. I have pretty much done it too - whoohoo! If you haven't already been here, take a look at 'too good to be true' because I've made the pasta, the frittata, the stir fry sauce AND the chicken and wild rice soup from there. All have been totally yummy. Well done Sasa!

I'll keep you updated about new and exciting food discoveries as I find and discover them.

Ok. That's it for now. I can hear my daughter having a minor meltdown and the cavalry might be needed.

Sees ya lata.

No comments: